In our household we love, love, love, oats. The hubby and the kids like sweet oats and I prefer savory tasting oats. So I combined our tastes preferences together and made one dish that satisfied everyone! Guess what – it became a HIT at the breakfast table!!! The entire family gave it 2-Thumbs up!
Instead of water or milk to cook the oats in, I used unfiltered apple juice. Yep no “added” sugar, just Nature’s natural sweetness!
To satisfy my savory taste buds, I added two of my favorite herbs Rosemary and Marjoram. Yes, believe it or not the two brings a mild savory taste without overpowering the sweetness. So that’s what “M.R.” stands for in the title.
So, go ahead and live on the adventurous side of life and indulge in these sweet and savory oats! Mmmm good!
"M.R." Cinnamon Apple Oats
- 1 cup Apple Juice, Unfiltered
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary, Crushed
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 cup Oats, Old Fashioned Rolled Gluten-free, preferred
- 1 Tbsp Golden Flaxseed, milled (optional)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Berries of choice
- Add 1 cup of apple juice, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, rosemary and marjoram to a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats to pot. Reduce pot to a medium bowl and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer cooked oats to a bowl. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of milled golden flaxseed (optional) and 1/2 cup of fresh berries of choice. Enjoy!
2 Comments Add yours
I love your recipes for my oats ,,,,y’all need to put a cook book with pictures so I will have some recipes to go by thanks love yall
Yay Mary! So glad to hear that you enjoyed the oats! Definitely using unfiltered apple juice was a game changer for the kiddos (instead of adding refined sugar). Stay tuned – very soon an e-guide with pics will be coming in the very near future! Have a great day because you simply can! 🙂