This is a very quick dish to whip up and is oh so tasty! Yes, Asparagus that are tasty! My kiddos love Asparagus now – why – because of this wonderful lemony sauce!
This sauce is to “Live” for! Most sauces have oils, salts, and sugars added to the ingredients list. But this one is free of all the above and is full of flavor!
So any time you need quick side dish or have a taste for some asparagus – well- you have found the best asparagus recipe on this side of veggie heaven!
Watch “How To” Video
Asparagus with Lemon Tarragon Sauce
Zesty Asparagus with a little kick!
- 1 small Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small Shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Tarragon, dried
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard (use brand with least amount of sodium)
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 smidgeon Chipotle Pepper
- 1 pound Asparagus, Fresh
Lemon Tarragon Sauce
- Freshly squeeze the lemon to yield 3 tbsp of juice - add to blender. Peel and chop the shallot - add to blender. Add the remaining ingredients except for the aspargus to blender. Blend for about 30 seconds until sauce is combined, but with some texture. Pours sauce into a small cup. Note: the sauce will thicken the longer it sits.
- Rinse asparagus. Cut away about 1.5" of the bottom stem. Wrap the asparagus in paper towels until completely covered and place onto a mcrowave safe plate. Microwave for 3.5 minutes or more for desired tenderness. STOVE TOP: Place asparagus in a steamer basket and steam for 7 minutes.
- Place steamed asparagus onto plate. Pour desired amount of lemon sauce onto veggies. Enjoy!
This recipe was inspired from Barbara Rolls "Ultimate Volumetrics" book.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!