Fries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Yes, me and the family now enjoy having fries, whenever! Who would have thought that fries could be made so quick, easy, tasty, and without added oil and salt!
Well, this genius of a recipe was inspired and adapted from a blog, Vegans Eat Yummy Food Too .
This recipe comes together quite quickly with a few handy-dandy kitchen tools: a microwave, a Potato Express, and a non-stick waffle griddle.
One of my favorite kitchen tools is the “Potato Express”. Whether I am making fries or just want a potato real quick, the potato is done in 4 minutes or less! You can get them from Walmart or Amazon.
These waffle fries can be eaten plain or topped with your favorite condiment. One of my favorite chefs – Chef AJ eats hers with applesauce on top. Yummy! I even prefer using them as buns for my burgers from time to time!
So, go ahead and grab a few Yukons, pop them into the microwave, then onto the griddle. You will too begin to indulge in waffle fries whenever you want with no guilt! 🙂
Watch the “How To” Video:
- 2 4oz Yukon Gold Potatoes, unpeeled 4 oz size Yukons works best, larger size require longer cook time
- Preheat non-stick waffle griddle. Srub (2) 4oz size Yukon Gold Potatoes with water. Leave the skin on.
- MICROWAVE METHOD: Place cleaned Yukon into "Potato Express" and microwave for 4 minutes. Note: If you are not using a "potato express" or using larger potatoes increase cooking time to 6-7 minutes.
- Place cooked Yukon onto pre-heated waffle griddle. Cook for 8 minutes. Do not lift griddle before recommended time. NOTE: If larger potatoes are used increase cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Remove from griddle and enjoy as is or top with desired condiment.