Waffles – need I say! These sweet and fluffy waffles are made of simple wholesome ingredients – whole grains, fruits, and spices with no added salt, oil, or sugar! It doesn’t get any better than this!
I recently purchased Ann and Jane Essyelstyn’s Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook and made the “All-Oat Waffles”. The second time I made these fabulous waffles I didn’t have all of the ingredients, the rest is history. The Banan-Apple_Oat Waffles has become one of the family’s favorites!
So now just a couple of tips! Always keep very ripe bananas handy on the table top or in the freezer. They are great for adding sweetness without adding processed sugars. Applesauce makes for a great substitute for not only processed sugars but is also a great substitute for oils in recipes. Just be sure when buying applesauce to by “Unsweetened” Applesauce.
I could (and have) eat this waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with no guilt. So what are you waiting for? Whip up these delicious waffles and enjoy!
Watch “How To” Video:
- 1 large Banana, very ripe
- 1/2 cup Applesauce, Unsweetend
- 2 Tbsp Ground Golden Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Oats, Old Fashioned Rolled
- Preheat non-stick waffle griddle. Because of the extended time the waffles must cook, set the temperature of the griddle at a medium-low setting.
- Add the ripe banana, applesauce, cinnamon, ground golden flaxseed, and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until very smooth. Then add rolled oats to blender. Pulse a few times until mixture comes together and flecks of the oats are visible.
- Pour 3/4 cup of batter onto heated griddle. Flatten batter slightly. Close the lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Do not open griddle before time. Use a chopstick to remove waffles from the griddle.
- Enjoy as is or top with your favorit fresh fruit, nuts, and or syrup!