Who would have thought that barbecue and cauliflower would come together so lovely? The kiddos gave these BBQ Cauliflower Bites two thumbs up!
This recipe inspired and adapted from Forks Over Knives is oil-free and nut-free. This dish has become one of our family’s favorites any time of the week. Whether as a main dish or as an appetizer, these bites will sure to please.
Watch “HOW TO” Video:
BBQ Cauliflower Bites
- 1 medium Cauliflower Head (about 2lbs)
- 2/3 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder, Unsalted
- 1/8 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley, dried
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 2 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke, Mesquite
- 2 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste, Unsalted (or Ketchup)
- 1/4 cup Nutrional Yeast
- 1/3 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/3 cup Favorit BBQ Sauce (Our fave is Stubb's Sticky Sweet)
- Preheat oven 450F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Destem and break cauliflower into flowerettes. Rinse flowerettes and drain on papertowel to remove as much water as possible.
- Blend all of the paste ingredients together until smooth in a bowl or a blender.
- Add the drained flowerettes and paste to a large bowl. Mix together until the flowerettes are completely covered.
- Place prepared cauliflower onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip all florets over and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove cauliflower from the oven. Air-Fryer Option: Preheat the air-fryer to 385F. Place coated cauliflower florets in a single layer and air-fry for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour BBQ sauce over cooked cauliflower florets. Rotate around until florets are glazed with sauce to your liking. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired and adapted from Forks Over Knives "Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites"
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
10 Comments Add yours
An amazing recipe. I had it with the quick bean burgers and was and incredible meal. I can’t wait to make for extended family or friends on “game day!” Or any day. (smiles)
Hello Lisa! So glad to hear that you enjoyed the cauliflower bites. And oh my-my to enjoy them with the quick bean burgers! Mmmmm good! 🙂
I followed this and loved it. Wow was this recipe so simple and yet so delish!
Hello Jake! So glad you enjoyed the BBQ Cauliflower Bites! Have a super fantastic day because you simply can!
Delicious! We will definitely be making these again.
Thanks for sharing.
Hello Dale! So glad you enjoyed the BBQ Cauliflower Bites!
Thanks for a terrific recipe! I had to buy a lot of new spices to try this, but it was worth it. I really NEED recipes my husband will eat and this is one of them! THANKS!!!
For those of you who would like a healthier version, try using “True Made Foods Pitmaster Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce Lower Sugar Naturally Sweetened with tomatoes, Butternut Squash, Carrots, & Spinach”. I am NOT affiliated with the company, but after I ordered 1 bottle, I ordered a “case” of 6 bottles. It is only 35 calories per 2 TBSP. with ZERO fat, and 70% less sugar. Sodium is 280mg, total sugars 7g. Made from tomato puree, tomato paste, water, vegetable puree, butternut squash, carrots, spinach, light brown cane sugar, distilled vinegar, salt, natural smoke flavor, garlic powder, allspice, Onion powder.
Hey Greta! So glad your husband enjoyed the BBQ Bites! Thanks for the BBQ brand tip!
Oh my goodness. We have a ton of cauliflower from the garden and from now on – it will all be used in this recipe. It is delicious. I am at a loss to describe how delicious this is!
Hello Annette! Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable that is tasty and so versatile. So glad you enjoyed the recipe!