Who would have thought that barbecue and cauliflower would come together so lovely? The kiddos gave these BBQ Cauliflower Bites two thumbs up!
This recipe inspired and adapted from Forks Over Knives is oil-free and nut-free. This dish has become one of our family’s favorites any time of the week. Whether as a main dish or as an appetizer, these bites will sure to please.
Watch “HOW TO” Video:
BBQ Cauliflower Bites
- 1 medium Cauliflower Head (about 2lbs)
- 2/3 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder, Unsalted
- 1/8 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley, dried
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 2 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke, Mesquite
- 2 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste, Unsalted (or Ketchup)
- 1/4 cup Nutrional Yeast
- 1/3 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/3 cup Favorit BBQ Sauce (Our fave is Stubb's Sticky Sweet)
- Preheat oven 450F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Destem and break cauliflower into flowerettes. Rinse flowerettes and drain on papertowel to remove as much water as possible.
- Blend all of the paste ingredients together until smooth in a bowl or a blender.
- Add the drained flowerettes and paste to a large bowl. Mix together until the flowerettes are completely covered.
- Place prepared cauliflower onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip all florets over and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove cauliflower from the oven. Air-Fryer Option: Preheat the air-fryer to 385F. Place coated cauliflower florets in a single layer and air-fry for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour BBQ sauce over cooked cauliflower florets. Rotate around until florets are glazed with sauce to your liking. Enjoy!