Who would have thought chickpeas and veggies would make such a tasty sandwich? This sandwich whips up in a flash, is full of flavor, and is one of our family’s faves.
When our family transitioned to living a whole food plant-based lifestyle, it was a relief to know that having tasty and filling sandwiches did not have to go out of the window. This recipe inspired and adapted from the 22-Day Revolution definitely saved the day! Eating Plants never tasted so good!
Watch “How To” Video:
- 1 15oz can Chickpeas
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1/4 cup Julienne Carrots
- 3 Tbsp Cashew Mayo (or your favorite vegan mayo) (See note below for nut-free mayo option)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Relish
- 1 Handful Baby Spinach, roughly chopped (optional)
- Coconut Bacon Bits
- Red Onions
- Rinse and drain chickpeas well and set aside.
- Cut celery into smaller pieces (about 1"). Add the chopped celery and julienne carrots to a food processor. Process until the celery and carrots are finely chopped.
- Add the drained chickpeas and all remaining ingredients to the food processor. Pulse until well blended and somewhat chunky.
- Make a sandwich as desired. Enjoy!
To make this sandwich nut-free check out our Sunflower Seed Mayo recipe. Also, Bacon Bits are a nice flavorful addition to this sandwich. Check out our blog on how you can make Coconut Bacon Bits.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!