OMG, Brussels Sprouts, one of my favorite veggies! I must admit though, Brussels Sprouts was not one of my family’s faves — until now! These sweet and savory sprouts are now requested at least once a week by the family! Yay, mission accomplished!
Inspired from Chef AJ (one of my favorite plant-based chefs), these sprouts are so quick and simple to prepare. Just trim, cut, whisk, mix and put in the oven! Be sure to use reduced balsamic vinegar to get that sweet taste. I used a balsamic glaze that was at my local grocery store.
I love adding as many veggies as possible when preparing dishes for more added color, texture, taste and nutrients. So why not add the tri-color sweet bell peppers and the red onions. And the drum roll please — the twist is the added spices for a little more kick of savory flavor!
So trust me when I say I feel really accomplished on this recipe! I love, love, love, Brussels Sprouts. But on the other hand, to have my family request these at least once a week now, makes me want to dance!
So go ahead, travel on the wild side and roast up these Brussels Sprouts. Hint – they taste even better “cold” right out of the fridge the next day! Enjoy!
Watch “How To” video:
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with a Twist
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts, Fresh
- 3 large Tri-Color Sweet Bell Peppers
- 1 large Red Onion
- 2/3 cups Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (or 4% reduced vinegars)
- 2/3 cups Dijon Mustard (low sodium)
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Trim, cut, and rinse Brussels Sprouts. Drain sprouts on paper towel. Chop Sweet Bell Peppers and Onions. Set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, whisk together the reduced Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, and Spices. Add the veggies to the bowl and mix until all veggies are coated. Place balsamic coated veggies on the parchment lined cookie sheets, single layered.
- Roast in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss the veggies. Return to oven and roast another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve! Don't worry about any of the blackened pieces. They are the best parts!