Chili is one of our family’s all-time favorite “comfort foods” during the cold winter months. This Hearty Veggie Lentil Chili certainly hits the spot.
This delicious chili inspired and adapted from ForksOverKnives.com has no added oil, salt, or sugar. Stocked with plenty of veggies and spices, this hearty chili is full of flavor!
Simple wholesome veggies, simple spices, robust flavor and texture!
This chili is quick and easy to make and is delicious served over brown rice or a baked potato. So the next time you have a taste for some good chili, whip up this delicious hearty chili and indulge!
Watch “How To” Video:
Hearty Veggie Lentil Chili
Hearty veggie chili full of flavor.
- 28 oz. can Diced Tomatoes, No Salt Added
- 5 large Medjool Date, pitted and halved
- 1 large Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 cup White Button Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large Bell Pepper, any color
- 1 cup Carrots, Frozen
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder, Unsalted
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Parsley, dried
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oregano, dried
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke, Hickory
- 15 oz can Dark Red Kidney Beans, Unsalted, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Red Lentil, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups Veggie Stock, unsalted (used "Kitchen Basics")
- 4 Kale Leaves (destemmed & cut into bite sizes)
- Add diced tomatoes and Medjool dates to a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Chop the celery, onions, white mushrooms, and bell pepper. Mince the garlic. Add all chopped veggies to the instant pot or a large saucepan. Sautee veggies for 7 minutes. Add a splash of water if sticking occurs. Add all remaining spices to sauteed veggies. Give a quick stir thru and cook an additional minute.
- Add the rinsed and drained lentils and red kidney beans to the pan with sauteed veggies. Give a quick stir thru.
- Add the veggie stock and blended tomato sauce to the pan with veggies. Give another quick stir thru and cover. INSTANT POT: cook on "High Mode" (Bean/Chili Mode) for 10 minutes. STOVE TOP: Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring frequently until the lentils are soft.
- Rinse the kale leaves. Cut away the stems. Chop the destemmed kale leaves into small pieces.
- Remove lid, add the chopped Kale to the pot. Stir thoroughly. Re-cover the pot and simmer an additional 10 minutes or longer until Kale has withered. NOTE: The longer the chili simmers the thicker the consistency of the chili.
- Serve over cooked brown rice or a baked potato. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
6 Comments Add yours
Made this tonight and it was delicious! The family loved it.. Thank you so much for sharing!
Hello GC Ho! So glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the Hearty Veggie Lentil Chili!
This was delicious. You’re recipes are all so tasty.
So glad to hear that you enjoyed the chili, Amanda!
What did you place at the side of the chili and rice at the end of the video? Is it homemade bread? If so , can you supply the recipe please 🙂
Hello Margaret! That was Whole Grain cornbread. There’s nothing like a good piece of cornbread with some tasty chili. Here’s the recipe link on our website: https://get2droothealthandwellness.com/recipe/whole-grain-cornbread/