I would have never thought that a salad could be enjoyed without salad dressing, but this salad has proven otherwise. Sweet, savory and spicy all wrapped into one dish is the perfect combination.
Some of my best recipes come together on a whim. Literally, the ingredients in this salad were all that was in the fridge one day and I had no salad dressing.
Roasting the blueberries and tomatoes with a splash of lemon served as my dressing. A sprinkle of our Italian Parm (nut version) and the roasted Chickpeas and Garlic gave the perfect savory taste. Adding a dash of red pepper flakes gave the perfect kick!
Simple ingredients with no added oils, sugar, and salt but full of flavor! So, needless to say, this salad has become one of me and my husband’s favorite go-to salads.
Watch “How-To” Video:
Roasted Chickpeas, Tomatoes, & Blueberries Salad
- 1/2 cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (rinsed and drained)
- 4 large Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 3/4 cup Blueberries, Fresh (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 5 oz Baby Spinach & Arugula Mix
- 1/2 small Lemon (juiced and zest) (2 tsp lemon juice and zest)
- 1 tsp Italian Parm (see notes for recipe link - used nut version)
- to taste Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the garlic cloves and place in a single layer on cookie sheet. Place the rinsed and drained chickpeas on top of the sliced garlic cloves. This will prevent the garlic cloves from burning. Place rinsed and drained tomatoes next to chickpeas following with the blueberries. Roast ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Place the spinach and arugula mix in a large mixing bowl. Zest lemon over the greens. Add 2 tsp of lemon juice to the greens. Mix the greens well.
- Remove roasted ingredients from the oven. Immediately add only the blueberries and tomatoes to the greens. Mix the greens well. The heat from the fruit will wilt the greens as you mix and stir the mixture. NOTE: Reserve four roasted tomatoes for garnish.
- Place the greens onto a plate. Sprinkle with Italian Parm. Add the roasted chickpeas, garlic, and the reserved roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste. Enjoy!