There’s nothing like having a drink that not only tastes good but is good for you. This drink will not only wow your taste buds with flavor, but it also has some of the most powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients.
One day a few weeks ago I was having some joint pain and I happen to do a little research on natural anti-inflammatory foods. My research led me to two powerhouse anti-inflammatory spices: Ginger and Turmeric root. I also learned that black pepper helps to boost the absorption of Turmeric. I wanted a tad bit more kick so I added a smidgeon of cayenne pepper. Apple cider vinegar and cinnamon not only add flavor to food but also have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. Well, I put it all to the test and to my surprise the taste was fabulous and my joint pain was relieved.
Simple, whole, plant-based ingredients. No added sugar, oil, or salt but plenty of flavor with a kick! To my surprise, my kiddos loved the spicy, fruity drink as well! So needless to say, “Mom approves”!
This drink has become my daily “splurge” when I want something other than water. So whip up this Kickin’ Rooty Fruity Drink the next time you need a little spice in your life!
Watch “How-To” Video:
Kickin' Rooty Fruity Drink
- 2" Ginger Root (unpeeled or peeled) (1/2 tsp Ginger powder)
- 2" Turmeric Root (unpeeled or peeled) (1/2 tsp Turmeric powder)
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapples Chunks (or frozen)
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, Raw, Unfiltered
- 2 cups Water
- 1/16 tsp Ground Black Pepper increase up to 1/8 if you like a little extra kick
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- smidgeon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- If using the ginger and turmeric root cut the root at least 1/2 the length of your pointer finger (about 2") and about 1" in diameter. Rinse and scrub well if keeping the skin on or peel the skin.
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into a glass jar, tightly seal and store in the fridge until chilled (about 2 hours). Give a quick shake and enjoy! Note: Drink will keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours.