These deliciously sweet, dense cookies will “roc” your sweet treat world! Nutrient-rich, and fruit-sweetened cookies with a little nut-free nutty flare are worth living for!
I love creating quick, tasty, wholesome treats for the kiddos, especially cookies! Who would’ve thought that raisins, oats and chickpeas — yes, chickpeas would make a wonderful treat that our kiddos loves!
These cookies not only taste good but are flour-free, nut-free and contains no added sugar, oil, or salt! Sweetened with fruit and nothing but the fruit. Dates, raisins, applesauce, and bananas makes the perfect touch of sweetness. Very ripe bananas are a nice touch for added sweetness, but using a yellow banana that’s been roasted for a few minutes is that much more deliciously sweet. Roasted chickpeas not only gives an added crunch but also a little nutty flare.
How much better can a sweet treat get? A coookie that not only is nutrient & fiber rich, but tastes good, flour-free, nut-free, salt-free, oil-free, and contains no added sugar! The perfect lunchbox add and the perfect anytime snack for the kiddos! The kiddos gave them 2 thumbs up and mom approves!
Watch “How To” Video:
R.O.C. Cookies (Raisin, Oats, & Chickpeas)
- 1 15 oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large Banana, Bright Yellow - no ripe spots
- 2 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2/3 cups Raisins
- 10 large Medjool Dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup Applesauce, Unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon (Saigon Ground Cinnamon preferred)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder (or 1 tsp Vanilla Extract)
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 1 Tbsp Golden Flaxseed, milled
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line (2) cookie sheets with parchment paper. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and place onto one of the parchment-lined pans. Remove the peel from the banana and place it onto the other pan. Place both pans into the oven on the top shelf. Roast for 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. NOTE: REDUCE oven heat to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, raisins, and roasted chickpeas. Give a quick stir thru and set aside.
- In a blender add the roasted banana, applesauce, dates, spices, and flaxseed. Blend until smooth.
- Add the date mixture to the bowl with raisins, oats, and chickpeas. Stir and mix well. Scoop out 1/3 cup of the cookie dough onto a parchment or silicone lined cookie sheet. Shape into desired cookie size. Be sure the oven is set to 350F. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool about 10 minutes then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.