It is that time of the year when it’s cold down to the toes and the kiddos love Hot Cocoa! They say nothing warms their toes like Hot Cocoa does! LOL
This hot chocolate has simple, whole ingredients without dairy, no added sugar or added extracts with oil or alcohol. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Using a high-speed blender makes this recipe so easy to whip together. Perfect for the cold winter months!
Watch “How To” Video
Hot Cocoa at its best that's dairy-free, with no added sugar, or extracts.
- 1 cup Almond Plant-Based Milk, Unsweetened (or your favorite unsweetened plant-based milk)
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1/8 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Vanilla Bean Powder (or 1/8 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 2 large Medjool Date, pitted
- Ensure that the pits are removed from the Medjool Dates. Then add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on high speed for 2-3 minutes until well blended and warm.
- Pour contents into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
9 Comments Add yours
Can this be heated? I know the high speed blender will get it warm, but I like it warmer than warm 😉
Hello Gery! Sure feel free to heat the Hot Cocoa as you desire. Enjoy!
Great, thank you! Sometimes heating changes things so I wanted to check.
I love this hot cocoa. It is so delicious!
Hello Judy! So glad you enjoyed the Hot Cocoa! 🙂
I shall try this with carob tonight. My husband has been asking for hot cocoa, and my Vitamix will heat it nicely.
Hey Judy! Carob sounds yummy! It will add a little bit more sweetness too. Let us know how it comes out.
Does this brand of vanilla have any dextrose in it? I see the Watson brand has Dextrose and want to avoid it. Thank you.
Hello Laurie! This brand only has one ingredient, vanilla bean powder.