The holiday season is here and it’s time for some Nog! Eggless Nog! Actually Cauli-Nog! Huh, what, yes! Eggless Nog using Cauliflower! This creamy, sweet and perfectly spiced drink is a delightful indulgence this holiday season!
My family loved drinking the traditional eggnog before transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. So our first holiday season of being plant-based we went on a search to find a replacement for Eggnog. To our delight, there were many variations out there.
The blog CookingwithPlants.com has an amazing Sweet Potato Eggless Nog that inspired my recipe. Instead of using plant milk I opted to use steamed Cauliflower instead! Hey, why not? Many people suffer from nuts, soy, and grain allergies. Cauliflower is the perfect allergy-friendly ingredient, it’s nutritious, and it also adds extra creaminess without adding tons of fat or calories.
The ingredients are simple whole foods with a few special spices. There is no added eggs, dairy, grains, nuts, soy, or sugar. While I avoid using extracts as much as possible because of the added alcohol and sugar content, this recipe was void without it. The Rum extract really gives the drink that “eggnog” flare. So there is a smidgeon of alcohol from the extract, but it won’t make you tipsy. (lol)
So I gave it a go! Allowed the drink to chill a bit in the fridge! I couldn’t wait to let my kiddos and my hubby to give it a taste test. Well, mom hit a home run again! Everyone in the family gave the Cauli-Nog 2-thumbs up!
Cauli-Nog is the perfect festive holiday drink with guilt-free indulgence! Enjoy!
Watch “How To” Video:
CAULI-NOG ( (EGGLESS, DAIRY, GRAIN, NUT, SOY, AND SUGAR-FREE)
- 1 cup Cauliflower (about 5 oz)
- 4-5 large Medjool Date, pitted and halved (about 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Baked Japanese Sweet Potato (do not include the skin, only the white flesh)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/16 tsp Allspice (a pinch)
- 1/2 tsp Rum Extract
- 2 cups Water
- Place the Cauliflower and the Medjools Dates in a small saucepan with a steamer basket insert and some water added. Steam the ingredients for 8 minutes.
- Add the steamed Cauliflower and the Medjool Dates a blender. Add to the blender the remaining ingredients with 2 cups of water. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the drink to (2) glass cups. Refrigerate for 2 hours so the drink will thicken and the flavors will blend.