When I think of slaw, I think of simple, healthy, tasty ingredients that come together quickly resulting in the perfect sweet and savory side dish or main dish for any meal. Well, this Brussels Sprout Slaw hits the mark!
This slaw recipe came together on a whim. One day my husband came home and wanted something quick to eat. The only items in our fridge were some raw Brussels Sprouts, Apples, Carrots, and a Radish. Into the food processor, they went. A few pulses later, I stirred in some Celery Seeds, Reduced White Balsamic Vinegar, and Dijon Mustard for the perfect savory and sweet blend. My husband devoured the whole bowl. Who would’ve thought the raw Brussels Sprouts would be so good!
This slaw has become our go-to anytime salad and the perfect side dish when having burgers and fries. The slaw is also tasty on Carrot Dogs.
This delicious Brussels Sprout Slaw is oil, nut, sugar, and dairy-free. Making this dish the perfect low calorie-dense, nutrient-rich dish to indulge in! Now that’s my kind of eating!
Watch “How to Video”:
BRUSSELS SPROUT SLAW
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, Fresh trimmed and halved
- 1 cup Julienne Carrots
- 2 large Gala Apples deseeded and quartered
- 1 large Radish (optional)
- 6 Tbsp Reduced White Balsamic Vinegar 4% acidity
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard low sodium
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seeds
- Trim the ends of Brussels Sprouts, cut in half, and place into a food processor fitted with an "S" blade.
- Add the Julienne Carrots to the food processor.
- Deseed and quarter 2 large Gala apples. Trim the ends and quarter the radish. Add both the sliced apples and radish to the food processor. Lid the processor and pulse the ingredients into a fine slaw texture.
- Transfer the chopped slaw into a mixing bowl. Add the reduced balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and celery seeds. Give a thorough stir thru. Cover the bowl and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Stir thru once more and serve as desired. Enjoy!
8 Comments Add yours
This looks delish! Will be making this weekend! Thank you for the great receipe!
Hello Shingo! Thanks for the kind compliment. Hope you enjoy slaw as much as we do! 🙂
Anxious to try it. Will be making it today.
Hey Donna! Hope you enjoy the Brussells Sprout Slaw as much as we do!
I Made This Brussels Sprouts Slaw Tonight For Dinner. So, So Good! This Will Be My “Go To” Recipe. It Comes Together Quickly So It’s Convenient.
Thanks For A Delicious Recipe! 😋
Hey Maureen! So glad you enjoyed the Brussels Sprout Slaw!
I made the Brussels Sprouts Slaw and the Beets Burger this weekend and they are both amazing. My husband does not like Brussels Sprouts , but enjoyed the slaw! He thought he would enjoy it anytime for a snack. The burgers were also very tasty. Thank you for sharing healthy recipes.
I am new on my WFPB journey and so excited with the results thus far. You and your family are an inspiration!
Hey Tammy! So glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the Slaw and the Beet Burgers. Kudos to you for making the decision to live a Plant-Powered Lifestyle. Your body will thank you for it! Take one day at a time, one meal at a time. Have fun along the way! Our family is forever grateful to inspire you along your journey. We are your #1 cheerleaders. You got this! Always remember, Your Health is Your Wealth! Get2dRoot of obtaining and sustaining it by “Eating More Plants”!