In my humble opinion, a good salad is only as good as its dressing. Making a salad dressing with no added oils, salts, and sugars sound impossible and tasteless. But believe me when I say it is possible to make and the taste is amazingly delicious.Jump to Recipe
When I transitioned to a Whole Food Plant-Based lifestyle, I couldn’t imagine having a salad without a high-fat, sweet, and salty dressing. Inspired and adapted from Chef AJ’s Barefoot Dressing, this dressing hits the spot. It’s sweet, savory, with a hint of salty and spiciness without the added sugar, oil, and salt.
It is amazing what fruit, reduced vinegar, seeds, nuts, and spices can do for salad dressings. But finding a salt-free substitute that will work with this dressing was a bit challenging until I discovered “Sumac”, a salt-free Indian spice that has a tangy, citrus flavor of lemon but it’s more balanced and less tart than lemon. It just so happens to be the perfect flavor enhancer for this dressing. It is very easy to find and purchase from Amazon.
The salad dressing dilemma solved. A guilt-free, indulgent dressing that not only tastes good but is the perfect complement to any salad or steamed vegetables. If you have been looking for a tasty dressing that you do not have to worry about added oils, salt, and sugar, then look no further. This Bodacious Balsamic Dressing will surely make your taste buds dance and make any salad worth indulging in.
Watch the “How To” Video:
Bodacious Balsamic Dressing
- 1 15 oz. can Pears in Juice
- 3/4 cup Reduced Balsamic Vinegar (4% Acidity)
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice and Zest (fresh preferred and zest of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup Westbrae Stoneground Mustard, Unsalted (or low-sodium Dijon Mustard)
- 3/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp Sumac
- 1 Tbsp Ms. Dash "Everything But the Salt"
- Add of the ingredients except "Everything But the Salt" seasoning blend to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Remove the lid and stir in the "Everything But the Salt".
- Serve immediately with your favorite salad or refrigeratein a tightly sealed glass jar for up to three weeks.
3 Comments Add yours
Hello, there my dear sister! It warms our hearts to hear that you are enjoying the salad dressing! We are so proud of you and your commitment to living a healthy lifestyle! You are worthy of having the abundance of optimal health and wellness. Continue to stay the course, taking one day at a time. We are your #1 cheerleaders!
very clean tasting, satisfying and delicious, thank you
So glad you enjoyed the dressing. Thanks for stopping by have a super plant-powered day!