The holiday season is here and it’s time for some Nog! Eggless Nog! Actually Cauli-Nog! Huh, what, yes! Eggless Nog using Cauliflower! This creamy, sweet and perfectly spiced drink is a delightful indulgence this holiday season!
By the way, this is a repost from December 2019. I reshared the original post on social media and it was inoperable. I am not a techy person and could not figure out how to fix the problem, so the next best option was to repost it. Two years later, this drink still remains to be our favorite holiday drink!
My family loved drinking the traditional eggnog before transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. So our first holiday season of being plant-based we went on a search to find a replacement for Eggnog. To our delight, there were many variations out there.
The blog CookingwithPlants.com has an amazing Sweet Potato Eggless Nog that inspired my recipe. Instead of using plant milk, I opted to use steamed Cauliflower instead! Hey, why not? Many people suffer from nuts, soy, and grain allergies. Cauliflower is the perfect allergy-friendly ingredient, it’s nutritious, and it also adds extra creaminess without adding tons of fat or calories.
The ingredients are simple whole foods with a few special spices. There are no added eggs, dairy, grains, nuts, soy, or sugar. I opted to use Vanilla Bean Powder so that the specks of vanilla can be visible, but you can use pure vanilla extract instead. I know, I know, vanilla bean powder is a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way, and trust me when I say that the taste is amazing! The Rum extract really gives the drink that “eggnog” flare. So there is a smidgeon of alcohol from the extract, but it won’t make you tipsy. (lol)
Get2dRootHealthandWellness.com is an affiliate with Amazon. If you choose to purchase a product through any of these affiliate links, at no cost to you, our site earns a commission from the sale. Thank you for supporting our website and our passion for spreading the good news of how tasty Whole Plant-Based Food really is!Jump to Recipe
So I gave it a go! Allowed the drink to chill a bit in the fridge! I couldn’t wait to let my kiddos and my hubby give it a taste test. Well, mom hit a home run again! Everyone in the family gave the Cauli-Nog 2-thumbs up!
If you are looking for a healthy and tasty holiday nog, well look no further. Make this drink and I guarantee this Cauli-Nog will sure to become your favorite guilt-free holiday drink! Happy Healthy Holidays!
Watch “How To” Video
Cauli-Nog (Eggless, Dairy, Grain, Nut, Soy, and Sugar-Free)
- Steamer Basket
- 1 cup Cauliflower (frozen or fresh) (about 5 oz)
- 4-5 large Medjool Dates, pitted (about 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Baked Japanese Sweet Potato (remove the skin)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/16 tsp (a pinch) Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Rum Extract
- 2 cups Water
- Place the Cauliflower and the Medjools Dates in a small saucepan with a steamer basket and some water added. Steam the ingredients for 8 minutes.
- Add the steamed Cauliflower and the Medjool Dates a blender. Add the remaining ingredients with 2 cups of water to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the drink to (2) glass cups or a glass mason jar and seal tightly. Refrigerate for 2 hours. The drink will thicken and the flavors will marry. Serve and Enjoy!