This vegan cheese ball is to live for! It’s creamy, full of savory goodness, with that tangy cheese flavor! Perfect appetizer for holidays, potlucks, or game days. No one will not believe it’s dairy or nut free.
Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Ball
This vegan cheese ball is creamy, full of savory goodnes, with that tangy cheese flavor! Perfect appetizer for holidays, potlucks, or game day. No one will not believe it's dairy or nut free.
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 2 cups Frozen Cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) (use 2 Tbsp if you prefer less tangy)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp Miso Paste (can be purchased from any local Asian market)
- 3 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 ½ tsp Hickory Smoked Torula Yeast (or Nutritional Yeast)
- ½ tsp Lactic Acid
- ½ cup Hot Water
Agar Agar Thickner
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Agar Agar Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Dried Parsley
- Dash "Everything But Salt"
- Place a steamer basket in a pan with water. Add the Sunflower Seeds and Cauliflower to the steamer basket. Cover the pan. Bring the water to a boil. Steam for 8 minutes.
- While the veggies and sunflower seeds are steaming, add the remaining cheese spices into a blender. Then add the steamed veggies and seeds along with 1/2 cup of hot water from the pan to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a saucepan, add 3/4 cup of water and Agar Agar. Stir until well combined. Bring contents to a boil. Cook for 4-6 minutes, continually stirring with a spatula. The Agar will thicken. Continue to stir until it starts to form into a thick jelly-like consistency. Immediately add to the blender with the cheese mixture and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer the cheese contents into two containers lined with "cling wrap". Place the containers in the fridge, uncovered for at least 1 -2 hours. The longer the cheese chill the firmer it gets.
- Invert the firm cheese ball onto a plate. Garnish with spices and herbs. I prefer to sprinkle and press the spices and herbs into the cheese ball with my hand. Another option would be to sprinkle the herbs and spices onto a plate and then roll the cheese ball gently until coated as desired.
- Place onto a plate and serve. Enjoy!Note: The cheese ball can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!