What happens when you combine dark leafy greens and cornbread together and leave out the eggs and oil? You get the most delicious and healthiest cornbread muffins, southern comfort food at its finest! These hearty, savory corn muffins will not disappoint! They are the perfect addition to breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
This recipe was inspired and adapted from the Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook.
Watch “How To Video”:
‘Greens by Any Means’ Corn Muffins (Oil-Free)
- 1 Muffin Pan
- 1 ¼ cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup Whole Grain Corn Meal (medium grind)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Date Sugar (or Maple Syrup)
- ½ cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (roughly chopped) (or Kale)
- 1-2 Tbsp MInced Garlic
- ½ cup Plant-Based Milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup Salsa of your choice (low-sodium) (our favorite is Frog Ranch Salsa brand)
- Place the silicon muffin liners into the muffin pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 °F
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the Oats, Cornmeal, Date Sugar, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder to the bowl. Give a quick stir thru.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix together well and ensure there are no dry flour spots in the mixture. NOTE: The mixture will NOT look like the standard cornbread batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the muffin liners (about 2 heaping soup spoon fills. Be sure to round the tops of the muffins with a spoon.
- Place the muffins into the preheated oven for 28 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for at least 20-30 minutes in the pan before removing them from the liners. Enjoy!
Get2dRootHealthandWellness.com is an affiliate with Amazon. If you choose to purchase a product through any of the affiliate links on our website, at no cost to you, our site earns a commission from the sale. Thank you for supporting our website and our passion for spreading the good news of how tasty Whole Plant-Based Food really is!