This chilli puts the perfect finishing touches on a plant-based dog-n-burger! We absolutely love this chilli on our Smoked Carrot Dogs! Whipped up in under 25 minutes, power packed with super grains – Quinoa, Millet, and Buckwheat, this chilli is not only tasty but is gluten-free and has no added oil!
Over a year ago, I came across a recipe from Eat Plant-Based.com where bulgur is used. Well, I didn’t have any bulgur in my pantry at the time, but only had a Super Grain Blend. So, I used the trio grain blend instead and it came out perfect!
To keep this recipe plant-based I used Worcestershire sauce that was free of anchovies. In addition, using unsalted vegetable stock helps keep added sodium to a minimum in this recipe.
Go ahead and give this chilli a try. I can truly say I have arrived in dog-n-burger heaven!
Watch “How To” Video:
Dog-n-Burger Super Grain Chilli
- 1/3 cup Super Grain Blend Red and White Quinoa and Buckwheat
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 3/8 cup Unsalted Vegetable Stock (I prefer Kitchen Basics)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 1/16 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- In a small saucepan add the Super Grains and water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes then fluff.
- While the grains are cooking, chop 1/2 cup of onion and place saute in a non-stick pan for 7-8 minutes. Add 1-2 tbsp of veggie stock to keep onions from sticking or burning. Remove pan from heat.
- Add the cooked super grains and all other ingredients to pan with sauteed onions. Stir well and serve. Will keep in fridge for up to 7 days.