I am in mayo heaven. This Cashew Mayo is perfect as a spread for a sandwich, a base for a salad dressing, and a dip for an appetizer or fries.
Most mayo dressings have added oils, salt, and sugar. Having learned from Dr. Esselstyn that all oils damage the endothelial cells of our heart, I choose to avoid foods with added oils. This wonderful oil-free mayo was inspired and adapted from one of my favorite whole food plant-based chefs, Cathy Fisher – “Straight Up Food” cookbook.
Quick, easy to whip up, creamy and full of taste. Go ahead make this spread and enjoy it on your next veggie burger, fries, baked potato, appetizer, or salad.
Watch “How To” Video:
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Cashew, Raw (or roasted unsalted)
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, Raw, Unfiltered
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Heat water to a boil and pour into blender.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the blender with heated water and blend until creamy.
- Pour cashew mayo into a glass jar with a lid. Allow spread to chill completely before using (at 3-4 hours). Spread will thicken as it chills. The mayo will keep in the fridge for up to 30 days. Stir before using.