These kid-approved cookies are to “Live” for! Quick and easy to make, nut-free, oil-free, salt-free, and most of all, taste oh so YUMMY!
The “secret” ingredient will never be guessed by the curious mind. Drum roll – Unsalted Pinto Beans! Yes, the humble bean makes these cookies oh so moist without adding nut butter or oil. This recipe can be easily adapted to a “no added sugar” recipe by substituting semi-sweet morsels with unsweetened chocolate chip morsels. Don’t worry, the dates and the applesauce add enough sweetness to please your taste buds!
So what are you waiting for? You are only a few minutes away from indulging in sheer delight with no guilt!
Watch “How To” Video:
Vanilla "Bean" Choc. Chip Oat Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (or Quick Oats)
- 3 1/2 oz Medjool Dates, pitted (about 6 Medjools)
- 1/3 cup Pinto Beans, unsalted (drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup Applesauce, Unsweetened
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup "Enjoy Life" Choc. Chip Morsels (use unsweetened morsels for "no-added sugar" option)
- 11 morsels "Enjoy Life" Choc. Chip Morsels (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup of rolled oats into a mixing bowl, and set aside. Place 1 cup of rolled oats into a blender. Pulse a few times to coarsely ground the oats. Then add the roughly ground oats to the bowl with the rolled oats. Give a quick stir thru and set aside. NOTE: If using Quick Oats, omit the blending step, and simply add 1 1/2 cup of the Quick Oats to a mixing bowl and set it aside.
- Add the dates, pinto beans, applesauce, and vanilla extract to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add mixture to bowl with oat flour. Stir together until well mixed.
- Fold 1/4 cup of morsels into cookie dough. Scoop 1/4 cup of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Will make about 11 cookies. Using a spoon form into the desired shape. Optional: garnish each cookie with a morsel.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 minutes. Remove from oven allow to cool for 15 minutes. Then, indulge! Store cookies in the fridge. Enjoy!