Creamy, sweet, and lemony! Do I need to say more! This icing makes the perfect finishing to any muffin, cake, or cookie!
Mmmmmm, finger licking good!
This delightful icing inspired and adapted from Feasting on Fruit has Whole-food plant-based ingredients that make this icing that much more indulgence worthy!
This delicious lemony icing is oh so delicious on our Sweet Potato Chocolate Delight Cake! Guilt Free Indulgence!
Watch “How To” Video
Lemon Cashew Cream Icing
- 1/3 cup Cashew, Raw
- Water (for soaking cashews)
- 1 large Lemon (juiced and zest) (2Tbsp Juice and entire lemon zest)
- 1/8 cup Baked Japanese Sweet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Plant-Based Milk, Unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Nectar (or Maple Syrup)
- Place some water in a small saucepan. Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat. Immediately add cashews and soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the nuts. Allow the cashews to drain on a paper towel to remove excess water. Add the drained nuts to a blender.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, baked Japanese sweet potato, milk, and coconut nectar to blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Refridgerate icing for 4 hours or overnight in a tightly sealed glass jar before using as icing. Icing will keep in fridge up to 1 week.