These (G)inger (M)illet (O)at cookies are to live for! These moist, sweet, ginger spiced cookies are so good that Santa will want a dozen to go!
(G)inger (M)illet (O)at cookies sweet, spicy, and moist treats!
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Millet
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 8 large Medjool Date, pitted
- 1/2 large Lemon (juiced and zest) (1 Tbsp juice)
- 1/2 cup Applesauce, Unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses, Unsulfered (See Recipe Note)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Plant-Based Milk, Unsweetened
- 1 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add rolled oats and millet to blender. Blend into flour. Pour into a mixing bowl. Add the baking powder and baking soda to the flour mixture. Whisk all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Add the pitted dates, milk, applesauce, vanilla extract and blackstrap molasses to a blender. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Zest the half of lemon and add to blender with dates. Juice the lemon to get 1 Tbsp of juice and add to blender.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, and cloves to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add to flour and mix together until well blended.
- Scoop 2tbsp of batter onto cookie sheet. Continue to place 2tbsp batter scoops about 2inches apart. Should make about 10 cookies. Bake the cookies for 14 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy! Store cookies in a tightly sealed glass jar in the fridge up to 5 days.
These cookies are just as good without the Blackstrap molasses. So feel free to make the cookies without the molasses if you do not have.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!