Cheezy plus crunchy equals good! These chips hit a home run with the kiddos! And of course, mom approves!
Inspired and adapted from Dreena Burton, these chips are the perfect guilt-free indulgence. Kale, Hemp Seeds, Sweet Mini Peppers, and Lemon. Simple wholesome plant-based ingredients with tasty spices.
Whether having as a snack, a sandwich, tacos, or burgers, these Cheezy Kale Chips makes the perfect compliment! Look no further, make these chips to satisfy your crunch!
Watch “How To” Video:
CHEEZY KALE CHIPS
- 1 bunch Kale Leaves, Fresh (stems removed) (curly or dinosaur kale will work)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers (see note below)
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Miso Paste
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 1/8 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Destem and rinse the kale. Keep the leaves as whole as possible as they will wilt as they are dehydrated in the oven. Using paper towels, pat the leaves dry. Be sure to remove as much water from the leaves as possible. Set aside. NOTE: Too much water left behind will result in longer cooking time.
- In a blender, blend together the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy. NOTE: Do not add extra liquids - this will result in longer cooking time.
- Transfer the dried kale to a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese sauce. Toss and massage the kale with the sauce. Continue to work the sauce through the kale until all leaves covered. Place the coated leaves in a single layer on the baking sheets. Make sure the leaves are as flat as possible.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and allow the chips to sit in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove both trays from the oven. Turn the oven back on to 170F. Flip the chips over and return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes. Check to see if the chips are crispy. If desired crunchiness is not achieved, then turn the oven off and allow the chips to sit another 30 minutes and bake again for an additional 30 minutes if needed. Allow the chips to cool completely. Serve and Enjoy! Store in a ziplock bag at room temperature.
- Air-fry at 200F for 40 minutes.