These are the perfect anytime snack for the kiddos. Whole grain cookies that have no added sugar, oil, salt, flour, or alcohol. All mom approved!
My grandbaby wanted some cookies and the delicious were created. Literally, all I had was some oats, a ripe banana, and dates to whip up these cookies with a few spices. And they were a hit with the kiddos.
All simple ingredients. I used Vanilla Bean Powder so the cookies would be alcohol-free, but feel free to use vanilla extract just double the amount. Fresh or canned pineapple chunks can be used. If using canned, be sure the chunks are in juice and not syrup.
So the next time you or the kiddos want a quick sweet snack, whip up these tasty bites. They will sure to delight.
Watch “How To” Video:
Five spice fruity oat bites
- 1 large Banana, very ripe
- 3/4 cup Fresh Pineapples Chunks (canned pineapple in juice can be used, just drain juice)
- 6 large Medjool Date, pitted and halved
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder (or 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except the quick oats into the blender. Be sure the all pits have been removed from dates prior to adding to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the quick oats to a mixing bowl. Then add the blended wet ingredient to mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp of batter onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. Shape into desired cookie shape. Cookies does not expand during baking time.
- Bake in overn for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for about 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!