Soup is such a comfort food, especially on those cold winter nights. But this hearty veggie soup hits the spots any time of the year!
Veggies, veggies, and more veggies. This hearty soup inspired and adapted from the Ultimate Reset is so filling not just because of the broth, but more so because of all of the hearty veggies that it contains!
The majority of the veggies can be found at your local market, but the Miso Paste, Baby Bok Choy, and Wakame Seaweed can be found at your local Asian market or Amazon. Using frozen veggies help expedite the chopping process, but feel free to use fresh broccoli, green beans, and carrots.
This soup is so delicious that my kids request it in the spring and summer months. Yes, you read correctly. An all year round soup! So the next time you have a taste for a good hearty veggie soup, look no further. This Hearty Vegetable Miso Soup will sure to satisfy your taste buds and your tummy!
Watch “How To” Video:
hearty vegetable miso soup
- 1 large Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 8 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 cup White Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Grated Ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 12 oz Frozen Sliced Carrots (about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 8 cups Water
- 12 oz Frozen Broccoli Florets (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup Frozen Cut Green Beans
- 4 heads Baby Bok Choy
- 1/2 cup Wakame Seaweed, Chopped
- 1 large Turnip Root, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 Tbsp Miso Paste (mixed with 1/2 cup water)
- 1/8 cup Green Onions, chopped
- Rinse and chop onion, garlic cloves, celery stalks, baby bok choy, turnip roots, and the green onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together miso paste and 1/2 cup of water until well blended. Set aside.
- INSTANT POT: Sautee the chopped onions, ginger, mushrooms, celery, and carrots for 5 minutes with 2 Tbsp of water if needed to keep veggies from sticking. Add the 8 cups of water and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT for miso paste mixture and green onions. Set IP on soup mode for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure valve after cooking time. Stir in the miso and water mixture. And serve garnished with green onions.
- STOVE TOP: Using a large pot, sautee the chopped onions, mushrooms, celery, carrots, and ginger for 5 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp of water if needed to keep veggies from sticking. Add the chopped turnips and water bring to a boil, reduce to a gentle boil and cook for 15 minutes. Check to see if the turnips are fork tender. If not, cook an additional 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT for miso paste mixture and green onions. Return to a medium boil and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add the miso and water mixture. Mix well. Serve garnished with green onions.