Cinnamon French Toast is one of our kiddos favorite breakfast meals. It was one of mine too as a kid growing up. This recipe is so much healthier without the added oils, sugars, dairy, and eggs. So when they ask for the occasional treat of Cinnamon French Toast, mom approves without hesitation!
This French Toast recipe inspired and adapted from Dreena Burton has very simple whole plant-based ingredients. It whips up in no time flat with a blender. There is no need for any added oil with the use of a non-stick pan or griddle. Very ripened bananas add just the right amount of sweetness, so there is no need for added sugar!
So the next time you have a taste for some French Toast, look no further. Enjoy this Cinnamon French Toast with guilt-free indulgence!
Watch “How To” Video:
CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
- 9 slices Whole Wheat Bread (3 slices per serving)
- 2 small Banana, very ripe
- 3/4 cup Plant-Based Milk, Unsweetened (we used soy)
- 1 1/2 tsp Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Powder (or 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract)
- 1/8 tsp Ground Tumeric
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat. Our griddle has temperature settings - we set ours to 425F.
- Add all ingredients except for the bread slices to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the batter into a wide bowl.
- Dip both sides of bread into the batter. Be sure not to over saturate the bread. Place onto the preheated griddle. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip each slice over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove toast and serve as desired. Enjoy!