In my humble opinion, Life is good if you’ve got hummus! Hummus is such an amazingly versatile dish. If you want a sandwich, use hummus; if you want an appetizer or a snack, use hummus; if you need a dressing for a salad, use hummus!
Now hummus with Chives and Dill Weed is another whole level! It sort of reminds me of Ranch without the added fat of oils and nuts. Now that’s hummus worth living for! All you need is a can of Chickpeas, a few spices, a food processor to blend it, and you’ve got a tasty condiment staple!
In my plant-based kitchen, hummus makes my world go around! Recently I created a recipe using this hummus as a batter for Air-Fried Cauliflower and Onion Rings! Now it doesn’t get any better than that!
So the next time you have a taste for a sandwich, use this hummus. As a matter of fact, make our L.A.T.O. Hummus Sandwich. Or when you want a good dip for you favorite veggie or chip, use this hummus. Your hummus world will never be the same! Enjoy!
Watch “How To” Video
Chives and Dill Hummus (No Oil/Tahini)
- 1 15oz can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp Aquafaba (water from the can of chickpeas)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (low sodium)
- 1 tsp Dried Chives
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Dried Dill Weed
- 3/4 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Chipotle Chile Pepper
- Drain the can of chickpeas and reserve the water (aquafaba) from the can. Rinse the chickpeas and pat the excess water from the chickpeas. Transfer the chickpeas to a food processor.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the food processor. Process the chickpeas until smooth. Midway of processing, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Then continue to blend until completely smooth. Feel free to add additional aquafaba to reach your desired consistency.
- Use as desired. Store in a glass tightly sealed jar for up to 7 days.
One Comment Add yours
Just made this hummus – delicious! Reminds me of French onion dip from my SAD days but now enjoying it on my steamed veggies! Thanks again for another winner Faith!