I am on cloud nine! I love fried food. Thank Heaven for my air-fryer, indulging in fried food without the added oil is worth living for! These Air-Fried Cauliflower Bites are amazingly delicious and crunchy! Yes, totally guilt-free indulgence, healthy and tasty!
This recipe is oil-free, low in sodium, but full of flavor!
These bites are easy to make, but I will admit that your dexterity will be challenged. You will need to use one hand to batter the cauliflower in the wet ingredients while using the opposite hand to batter the bites in the dry ingredients. Trust me they are worth the hand-coordination challenge. (lol)
So whether you need to serve a healthy appetizer or tasty side dish, I guarantee you these Cauliflower Bites will be a definite crowd-pleaser even to non-vegans!
Watch “How To” Video:
AIR-FRIED CAULIFLOWER BITES
- 1 large Cauliflower Head
- 1/3 cup Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb
- 1 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash Chicken Blend
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/16 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- Lime Zest
- 2/3 cup Chives & Dill Hummus (see recipe notes below for recipe link)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
Dipping Sauce (optional)
- Cashew-Dill Dip (see recipe notes below for recipe link)
- Add all of the dry ingredients EXCEPT for the dried Parsley and Lime Zest into a blender. Blend into a very fine flour. Transfer flour to a shallow bowl. Add the dried Parsley and Lime zest. Stir thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the Chives & Dill Hummus, lime juice, and smoked paprika until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Remove the green leaves and the core from the Cauliflower head. Break florets into desired pieces, leaving stems on or off. Rinse the Cauliflower well and pat dry. Transfer into the large mixing bowl with the wet ingredients. Using your hand coat all florets thoroughly.
- Transfer the hummus battered bites to the dry batter individually. Ensure that the entire floret is completely coated in the flour. Give a light tap to loosen any excess flour and place it onto the air-fryer rack. Repeat until all florets have been battered with the dry ingredients. Air-fry at 365F for 30-35 minutes until desired crispiness has been met. The Cauliflower should easily remove from the rack. Cool on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes and serve with Cashew and Dill Dip or sauce of choice.
- Oven Method: Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Place battered cauliflower on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes until desired crunchiness is achieved. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for about 5 minutes and serve.
8 Comments Add yours
Looks amazing! You are lovely people.
Thank you so much for your kind compliment! Have a great day because you simply can!
Everything about your newsletter email, your recipes and videos is of the highest quality. I can hardly wait to get set up and to try some of them out
Awww, thank you so much, Terry. We truly appreciate your kind compliments. We hope you enjoy the Cauliflower Bites as much as we do! Have a great day because you simply can!
Great job on the recipe and video!
Hello Patty! Thank you so much!
Thanks for sharing. I will use tongs. I don’t like using my hands.
Hey Terri! There is always more than one way to get the job done! Enjoy!