Anything Peppermint and Chocolate, count me in! These chocolaty, minty bites are to Live for!
I created these delicious bites on a whim one day when I had a taste for some “Peppermint Patties”. Instead of going to the store and buying the candy, I opted for a better version that was all whole plant-based foods without any added oils, sugars, salt. These decadent minty bites are full of wholesome, healthy whole food plant-based ingredients.
Simple and quick to put together. I whipped these little bites up and oh my goodness, did they hit the spot! They were chocolaty and minty with a little kick from the cayenne! I couldn’t wait until my kiddos got home from school to try them! They gave them 2-thumbs up! Now, these Pepper-Mint Chocolate Bites have become one of their all-time favorites snacks! Mom approves.
Go ahead, what are you waiting for? Make these delicious, healthy, Pepper-Mint Chocolate Bites the next time you are feeling a little indulgent and have a taste for something minty, chocolaty, and sweet!
Watch “How To” Video:
"Pepper-Mint" Chocolate Bites
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, Raw
- 14 large Medjool Dates, pitted and quartered
- 1/8 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Dried Mint
- Lime Zest
- 1 1/2 tsp Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- In a food processor fitted with the "S" blade add the raw walnuts.
- Ensure that the pit is removed from all of the Medjool Dates and cut into quarters. Add quartered Medjools to the food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor in the order listed. Process all of the ingredients until they begin to clump together. DO NOT over-process the ingredients as this will result in a gooey mixture.
- Using a cookie dough scooper. scoop out dough and gently roll in your palms until smooth ball forms. Place onto a plate. Repeat until all of the dough is used up. This should make about 12 balls. Allow the balls to chill and firm up for 2 hours in the fridge. Enjoy!
- These bites will keep in a tightly sealed glass jar in the fridge for up to 7 days.