Trust me when I say that this here Barbecue sauce is 2Live4! Sweet, tangy, and smoky with a little heat, the perfect combination to transform any dish into a lip-smacking indulgence. I have hit the jackpot with this barbecue sauce. Not only is this sauce full of flavor and tastes darn good, but I am super excited because it’s SOS-Free (salt, oil, and sugar-free)!
Now I know you are thinking, “How can this barbecue sauce be to live for” without added salt, oil, and sugar. Well, because added salt often causes overeating. Added oils make food more calorie-dense than it should be. Added highly processed sugars can be quite addictive. Adding salt, oil, and sugar to this sauce would add too many negative attributes to consider it a totally guilt-free sauce. There’s is absolutely no need to add those ingredients when you have the perfect combination fruit, herbs, and spices. Believe me, when I say, you won’t miss the sugar, oil, or salt.
Herbs and spices brings the tasty delicousness out in any dish. This sauce has some of the traditional barbecue spices and not so traditional spices. Adding Allspice, Chipotle Pepper, and Cinnamon make those taste buds dance. There is no need to use any highly processed sugar when nature gives us fruit a.k.a. Nature’s candy. I even went as far as to add a little Date Syrup which is nothing but fruit. Of course, you gotta have some smoky flavor. Smoked Paprika and Liquid Smoke gets the job done perfectly.
I am super excited about a new spice called “Sumac” which is a flavor enhancer. It naturally has a tart, salty taste and works perfectly in sauces, casseroles, and even plant-powered burgers. Adding Sumac with equal amounts of Lemon Juice makes the perfect combination for salty flare. There’s no need for adding oil because a little dash of “Potato Starch” adds the perfect amount of thickness and creaminess.
And voila, smoky, sweet, savory, and tangy sauce that can be slathered on anything. I love it on just about everything: veggies, bean burgers, and fries.
As a matter of fact, stay tuned for the blog on how I make veggies ribs using this 2Live4 Barbecue sauce on the grill! Now, that’s food worth living for!
So, go ahead do yourself a favor and whip up this delicious 2Live4 Barbecue Sauce. I guarantee you, your taste-buds will thank you for it!
2Live4 Barbecue Sauce (SOS-Free)
- High-Speed Blender
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Non-Stick Pan
- 7 oz Raisins (about 1 packed cup)
- 8 oz can Crushed Pineapple (in 100% juice)
- 15 oz can Tomato Sauce, unsalted (used Hunts brand)
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock, unsalted (used Kitchen Basics brand)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3/8 cup Reduced Balsamic Vinegar (4% Acidity)
- 3/8 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- 4 Tbsp Liquid Smoke (Mesquite or Hickory)
- 2 Tbsp Sumac
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Date Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Potato Starch
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Chili Powder, unsalted
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- Add all of the listed ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer all of the ingredients to a non-stick pan. Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a medium-low simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat, uncover, and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled barbecue sauce to glass jars. Tightly sealed, store in the refrigerator until ready to use for up to 3-4 weeks. Enjoy!