It’s the summertime and we love Watermelon. We also love Baby Arugula. Who would have thought that Watermelon and Arugula would go well together, but they do! The sweetness of the Watermelon and the savoriness of the Arugula result in this amazing, delicious, and refreshing salad. The perfect combination on any hot summer day!
Simple ingredients and easy prep make for a delicious, healthy, meal!
If you have never had Arugula before, and you like savory flavor, these greens will not disappoint. They have a slight peppery flare without the intense heat with a little crunch. The dressing/marinade for the salad is the perfect blend of more sweetness and savoriness. One specific tip: make sure that the White Balsamic Vinegar is 4% acidic. This will yield a sweet, tangy flavor versus a vinegary flavor. I purchase mine from my local Kroger grocery store. I also purchase Nutritional Yeast from my local grocery store. But you can also purchase Nutritional Yeast from Amazon.
Don’t forget to add Walnuts, Nutty Italian Parm, and a dash of Chipotle Pepper for more savory flavor once the salad has been plated! They all put the “P” in perfect deliciousness!
So the next time you are wanting a refreshing, lite, sweet and savory salad, this Watermelon and Arugula salad will be sure to satisfy your taste buds and fill your stomach up.
Watch “How To” Video
Watermelon and Arugula Salad
- 3 cups Seedless Watermelon cubed
- 5 oz Baby Arugula roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice (with pulp) Fresh or store brought
- 2 Tbsp Reduced White Balsamic Vinegar 4% acidity
- 2 Tbsp Red Onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp Nutty Italian Parm (recipe on our website)
- dash Chipotle Pepper
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add the cubed Watermelon to a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing. Give a quick stir thru.
- Roughly chop the Baby Arugula. Add to the marinating Watermelon. Mix all ingredients well and until the Arugula begins to wilt a little.
- Plate the salad. Be sure to include all of the juices. Top with Nutty Parm, Walnuts, and Chipotle Pepper. Enjoy!
Get2dRootHealthandWellness.com is an affiliate with Amazon. If you choose to purchase a product through any of these affiliate links, at no cost to you, our site earns a commission from the sale. Thank you for supporting our website and our passion for spreading the good news of how tasty Whole Plant-Based Food really is!