Overnight Oats are one of the simplest, delicious, and nutritious meals that can be made for breakfast. As a matter of fact, Overnight Oats has become one of our kids’ favorite whole-grain cereals that they enjoy without all of the added sugar. Now that’s definitely a plant-powered win!
There’s nothing fancy or time-consuming about making these delicious oats. Simple, wholesome ingredients, dumped in a jar, with a quick-stir thru, and breakfast is done.
They are so simple to make that our kiddos have become experts at making their own oats with their favorite fresh berries on top. What’s even better, the oats can be made in advance the day before, stored in the fridge overnight, and ready to grab-n-go the next morning. They can be eaten immediately after preparation, chilled from the fridge, or warmed up in the microwave. Now that’s what you call convenient, “healthy” fast food!
Breakfast made simply delicious, nutritious, and quick. Go ahead and give these Overnight Oats a try! I guarantee they too will become one of your favorite go-to healthy, quick-fix, convenient fast food, breakfast meals.
Watch the “How-To” Video:
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Applesauce, Unsweetened see note below
- 2 Tbsp Plant-based Milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Date Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract or 1/8 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Fresh Berries or Fruit of Choice
- 1 Tbsp Walnuts or nut of choice
- Use a glass mason jar or a plastic container safe for food storage. Place all of the ingredients, except the fruit and nuts, in your container of choice. Give everything a quick stir until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the fresh fruit and nuts of choice to the jar. Tightly seal and store in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning remove the lid and eat chilled or warm-up in the microwave for a minute or so. Enjoy!