Tender, delicious, and nutritious, these vegan buttermilk pancakes are quick and easy to make with simple wholesome ingredients. Drizzle them with the fruit-sweetened syrup and top with you your favorite toppings. These pancakes will be a crowd-pleaser and will quickly become your favorite pancake recipe!
Buttermilk Whole Grain Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free)
- 3/4 cup Plant-based Milk, unsweetened (I prefer Soy milk)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1¼ cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (quick oats will work too)
- ⅛ cup Yellow Polenta
- 2 Tbsp Date Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
Additional Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (or 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- ⅛ cup Walnuts or Pecans (chopped)
- ¼ cup Frozen Wild Blueberries or Fresh Strawberries
- ⅛ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat a non-stick griddle to 325F. (See note for oven option)
- Whisk the Milk and the Apple Cider Vinegar together in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the Rolled Oats to a blender and process for about 10 seconds to make flour. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the Polenta and all of the remaining dry ingredients. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the Buttermilk, Applesauce, and Vanilla Extract to the flour. Mix well.
- Stir in optional add-ins.
- Pour ⅓ cup scoops of batter onto the griddle. Cook for 8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 7 minutes. NOTE: If fruit was added to the batter, allow an additional 2 minutes of cooking time. Transfer the pancakes to a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Allow to cool and firm up for 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle with Maple Syrup, Date Syrup, or Berrilicious Syrup (recipe below)! Enjoy!
- NOTE: These pancakes freeze nicely. Recommend wrapping each pancake individually with parchment paper then place inside a zip lock freezer bag. They will keep in the freezer for at least a couple of months. Simply defrost them using the microwave or allow them to thaw to room temperature.
- 2 large Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup Fresh/Frozen Strawberries
- ½ cup Fresh/Frozen Blue Berries
- ½ Lemon, zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Apple Juice, unfiltered
- Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the apple juice to a glass bowl.
- Microwave the ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Add the Apple Juice to the bowl. Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth. Serve as desired.
- NOTE: Syrup will thicken the longer it sits. May add additional juice to thin out.