Sweet Potatoes make an amazing base for creamy salad dressing without the need to add oils. This salad dressing is sweet, savory, vegan, and low in fat. The perfect dressing to load your salad with without the need to portion control or count calories!
Watch “How To” Video:
Creamy Sweet Potato Salad Dressing (Vegan and Oil-Free)
- ½ cup Baked Orange Sweet Potato, peeled
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock, Unsalted or Apple Juice, unsweetened for added sweetness
- 3 Tbsp Whtie Balsamic Vinegar (4% acidity)
- 2 Tbsp Spicy Brown or Horseradish Mustard or Westbrae Mustard for salt-free option
- 1 tsp Parsley, dried or your herbs of choice
- 1 tsp Dash "Everything But Salt"
- smidgeon Chipotle Pepper
- dash Black Garlic (optional)
- Add the Baked Sweet Potato, Vegetable Stock, Balsamic Vinegar, and Mustard to a bowl. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Or add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to add 2-3 more Tbsps of liquid to get your preferred desired consistency.
- Add the spices to the dressing. Stir in with a spoon. Cover and allow to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to marinade.
- Serve as desired. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
4 Comments Add yours
Do you think canned pumpkin could work instead of sweet potatoes?
Hey Carolyn! I haven’t tried pumpkin, but that sounds amazing! If you prefer pumpkin, give it a try and let me know how you made it your own!
Another great recipe. Taste so good!
Hey Margaret! So glad to hear that you enjoyed the salad dressing!