Are you looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day treat? Then, look no further! These Red Velvet Chocolate Truffles are indulgent, chocolatey, vegan, and healthy! The perfect sweet treat for you and your Valentine!
Red Velvet Chocolate Truffles (No-Bake, Vegan, Nut-Free)
The perfect indulgent sweet treats for your Sweetheart on Valentine's Day or any day! Vegan, Nut-Free, Oil-Free, and can be made without any refined sugars! They won't believe that there are beets in the truffles!
- Food Processor
- Silicone Heart-Shaped Molds
- ½ cup Canned Beets, drained (with no added salt) (no worries you will not taste the beets, they are just used for natural red coloring)
- ¾ cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- ¾ cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 12 large Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Hemp Seeds
- Sweet Cacao Nibs I prefer Sunfood brand, there's no added sugar
- Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Add all of the truffle ingredients into a food processor fitted with an "S" blade. Process the ingredients until a semi-smooth date paste forms.
- Scoop out 1½ tsp of filling and roll into a ball shape and place it into a silicone mold. Repeat the process until all of the filling is used up. Set aside.
Hemp Seed and Cacao NiblsTruffle option
- Pour some Hemp Seeds and Cacao Nibs onto a tray. Roll one truffle at a time until covered. Repeat until you have your desired amount of Hemp Seed covered truffles.
Chocolate Heart-Shaped Truffle option
- Melt the chocolate morsels using a double boiler. Fill each truffle-filled mold with melted chocolate. Repeat until you have the desired amount of Chocolate covered truffles.
- Place all of the truffles into the fridge and allow them to chill and set for 2 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Note: the truffles will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!