Super excited to share this delicious plant-based mayo with you! It is totally allergy-friendly being free of nuts, dairy, eggs, and soy. It’s super easy to make, tastes delicious, and will quickly become your go-to staple as a sandwich spread or salad dressing.
Watch “How-To” Video:
Sunflower Seed Mayo (Oil-Free and Vegan)
- ¾ cup Aquafaba (liquid from low-sodium canned Chickpeas) or use water
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds (use 3/4 seeds for a thinner dressing)
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder, unsalted
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder, unsalted
- 1½ tsp Red Miso Paste (use 2 tsp if using water instead of Aquafaba) Can be purchased from your local Asian Market
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the condiment to a glass jar. Use as desired. Enjoy!The mayo will keep in the fridge for several weeks in a tightly sealed glass jar.
- NOTE: If you desire a thinner consistency use 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds instead. If you choose to use water instead of Aquafaba, increase the Miso paste to 2 tsp.